In addition to project-specific work, Citizens League members keep the organization sustainable through their work on a number of Operating Committees. These committees are open to all members. If you are interested in participating in any of these committees, please contact the staff person listed below.
CommunicationsMembers of the Communications Committee take on two critical tasks:
- Clarifying the key messages and case for change that the Citizens League offers to Minnesota, making the work we do easier to understand and communicate, and
- Improving the various methods through which we communicate with our members and the public as a whole, including the Minnesota Journal, the web, social media, and the mainstream press.
To learn more or participate, contact Sean Kershaw at skershaw[at]citizensleague.org or 651-289-1070.
DevelopmentThe Development Committee is charged with:
- Assisting staff -- and participating directly -- in raising the financial resource necessary to achieve the Citizens League's annual operating budget, and
- Developing and sustaining a long-term base of financial support for the Citizens League to achieve its mission.
The Committee meets five times per year and welcomes new members. For more information and to get involved, contact Dani Fisher at dfisher[at]citizensleague.org or 651-289-1077.
Policy AdvisoryThe Policy Advisory Committee helps to formulate, integrate, and evaluate all our policy work in keeping with the Citizens League's operating principles. The Committee:
- Develops and evaluates standards for policy processes,
- Organizes and oversees the advancement of Citizens League positions,
- Helps set the organization's policy direction and choose topics for policy work, and
- Advises staff and the Board of Directors on all policy work
The Policy Advisory Committee meets on the second Tuesday of each month, alternating morning and evening times. Click here for more information, and contact Annie Levenson-Falk at alevensonfalk[at]citizensleague.org or 651-289-1072 with questions or to join.